Thursday, June 25, 2015

Funny Story & a Link Up

I'm sort of what you might call a foodie...well, let me clarify...I don't eat sushi with arugula and chili pepper flakes (if there is such a thing), I just happen to like food. Lots of it. All of it. I tend to eat a pretty moderate Paleo heavy diet, skipping the dairy, typically.

I'm probably more of what you might call...an eater...year just someone who eats and who eats constantly. I've learned to eat about 4-6 small meals a day, so at any given point during the day I usually have food in front of me. 

Yesterday I got the WEIRDEST craving for crazy bread from little Caesars. 


With grape soda.

Yep...see...not a foodie. But I can't even tell you the last time I had crazy bread...let alone GRAPE SODA of all things...I'm pretty sure the last time I thought to myself "Hey Grape soda sounds like a solid drink choice" was when I was probably about 9...no one at 9 years old would have questioned a kid wanting fake food. No one.

But when you've been married for 7 years and are in your prime child bearing years, you'll get asked the unfortunate question that one day you're just DYING to say yes too...

"Are you pregnant?"

People used to ask me that when I got weird cravings...but after 4 years of battling through one of the toughest journeys of my life...I kind of quit telling people my weird cravings. They happen a lot. 

So instead. I'm telling you. Whoever you are, who may be reading my blog...thank you. And I'm pretty sure if you were here, you wouldn't only not ask questions (double negative, woah English class!) but you'd probably be game for picking some up with me. 

So thank you...I'm sure we'd have a great laugh about how silly I am but what a great idea it was and not have to think twice about the little sharp pain that shoots through your heart or your gut when someone says "Are you pregnant?"

Anyway...it was suppose to be a funny story anyway.

I am part of a link up over at Amateur Nester! She has an amazing Christ centered blog about dealing with infertility. Check it out! She's incredibly encouraging & I love her posts. 


XO,
C

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up, Charlotte (and for the kind words about my blog). And Crazy Bread sounds DELICIOUS right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete