Friday, June 19, 2015

Impending Father's Day

Yesterday was basically stupid. Well...yesterday was 1 week from when I got to take, yet another, negative pregnancy test. I felt silly for being hung up on realizing it was one week, since last week...it was what it was.

Despite how grumpy I am, I have to remember that I'm not in this alone. Part of my fear is that I don't check in with my hubby enough. So last night, even though I was a bit down, I tried to make sure I was staying in tune with C's needs.

I asked him "Do you feel the same way about Father's Day, as I do about Mothers Day?"

He replied with "I'm not even thinking about that." Which could mean he's boxed it away to think of on another day or he's going to just ignore it to death.

My husband has the patience of God with him. Whether he knows it or not. He also has this uncanny ability to make sure that my happiness comes first. Knowing that I was a bit of a hot bed of emotions yesterday, I think he was putting his own stuff away to check on me.
I suppose I don't really have to worry about him, but it was good to check in with him.

Today, I found a little bit of hope in these words..

While we are beginning this journey again, we still have yet to use every key on on janitor's key ring.


These words also spoke quite clearly to my heart. Even though I don't understand this journey, the truth is, it will all be okay in the end. That nothing is impossible for God.

Xo, 
C



No comments:

Post a Comment