Sunday, July 12, 2015

Bed, Bath, and the land of IF

Friday night C & I went to the furniture store to look for a new bedroom set. Mostly just gathering prices so we know what to start saving for. We looked a few options, one looked like it was out of the Lethal Weapon bedroom set from 1992. It had all these awesome nooks and crannies to hide guns in lock boxes or hidey doors...really neat! But the wood was this outdated color as well as they had these tacky mirrors on the headboard.

Anyway...I spent way to much thought on that, lol...we ended up looking at this set made by the Amish. The craftsmanship was impeccable. It was the type that was built to last for life! It even had this picture of a Shetland pony standing in the bed drawer.

Basically imagine this pony, in the bed drawer.




I was amazed that, that adorable tubby pony could stand in the that drawer! It made me wonder...out loudly, if the dresser could also take that kind of abuse. The man, who was around C & I's age, asked if we had kids.

Now, I don't know about you, but most of the time when a stranger asks me if we have kids I've found it easier to just say "no." But apparently I say it in a such way it implies "No. Never. Why would you even ask that." So whether I answered simply with "no." or "No. Never." The sales rep said "Well, if you ever do, you know that dresser would be able to withstand kids climbing all over it. I know I did it when I was kid."

He was around our age. Married, in fact he and his wife had just visited Mexico. Not a pushy guy, in fact I kind of liked him. And the simple way he answered back instead of making the "If" word sound awful.."IF YOU EVER!"

I stopped to think maybe he and his wife might be in the same boat, or if he was just a kind soul and understood that life doesn't always work out the way you planned, he still said it very nicely and didn't ask questions.

Made for a great experience. Right before we walked through the stinkin' crib section. UGH! 

LOL...

XO,

2 comments:

  1. It can be challenging sometimes to answer to strangers. I usually answer with 'not yet'. Praying you'll little miracle won't be too far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not bad idea Ann, I might do that. I've had trouble with people in the past though, they start to ask questions...some people are so nosy. But I should probably strengthen my resolve a little more. When they start with the questions, maybe say "Not yet, but also not up for discussion"? or "We'll take that into consideration." I don't something.
      Eh, I'll figure it out.
      Thank you for leaving a comment!

      Delete