Wednesday, July 1, 2015

John 13:7

As I was driving into work this morning, I was asking God why do I have to continue to wait? We've waited 4 and a half years with heart break after heart break. What a struggle it's been looking back. I'm a better person, absolutely, because of this but still Lord, maybe if I knew the why, I could wait a little longer...Why? Why? Why? Why?

Then this verse popped into my head. I'm not sure how God talks to you, or if he even does. I've always believed that he does, but we just don't always hear him. It reminds me of the 1 Kings 19:11-13 Where the Lord Speaks to Elijah at Horeb. First the loud wind, then violent earthquake, then the scorching fire, then finally after the fire, a gentle blowing. 13. "When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. And behold a voice came to him and said 'What are you doing here Elijah?"

I feel like I have to be really still and pay attention in order to receive God's messages to me. I'm not patient and I am really great at NOT paying attention but today, whether it was the verse that I remembered studying or it was God speaking life into my thought patterns, these words came to mind...


It really shut my thought process down. Helped me remember that in due time this will all work out. For God's glory, yes, but also for me, because God loves me.

I've heard some really encouraging stories this week from others who battle this same struggle and even from odd sources like a romance novel I'm reading...(Yes I totally read romance novels, I won't tell you which one, least you should judge me, lol...but the inspiration did strike.)

The quote from the book was "It took strength and courage to know when you were at the outside of what you could handle." I hate having to tell friends "Yes, I'll be at the baby shower, but I probably won't stay long." Hearing that quote helped me remember that, it's okay to know my limits.

Then this video...have you seen it? What a testimony. It's about 14 minutes long, but if you're going to watch it, have the tissues readily available. I pretty much balled right after hearing it...another great reminder that this will work out.


I first saw it over at In Due Time and not being a good place, I waited till later when it was posted on Waiting for Baby Bird's Blog to watch it.


This song...is really my anthem it seems for waiting...



So, while I'm waiting, I will do my best to praise him and to find joy in the hard days of waiting I have get to endure.

XO,
C



No comments:

Post a Comment