Friday, July 3, 2015

The Dreaded 10 Year Reunion

I live in the Midwest...where having babies right after the honeymoon ends, is as common as the common cold. Most people joke about how easy it was for the them to conceive.

We on the other hand...well...I don't have to tell you. Otherwise you wouldn't be reading this.

I got tagged on a post recently on Facebook "Are you going? Just trying to get a head count."

This from the woman whose on kid number 4.

Do I go? Do I not go?

Other than weighing 50lbs less NOW then I did when I GRADUATED high school, there's not a TON of reason for me to go...pretty conceded of me, if I'm going just to say "Look at me now!" I feel like that's not a good enough excuse.



The other reason? I bet I almost don't have to tell you...

"Charlotte, how come you guys don't have kids? When are you going to have kids? Do you even want kids?"

I wish I could have some awesome responses ready such as "Oh, we're too busy traveling and just enjoying being young. Someday, if it's meant to happen." (I wish I could be one of those alof people who couldn't care either which way the breeze blows.)


I have been able to accept that things are working out though. Even though I can't see it, it's all going to come together in the end. In the end it will make sense, and it will be okay.




XO,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment