Sunday, August 30, 2015

And the total is....

The garage sale is FINALLY over. It was draining. Exhausting really. Physically and emotionally. A lot more than I thought it would be, which is crazy. I'm not sure why my emotions were so heavily invested. I mean do, because the money is going towards our IUI fund but at the same time, it's not...I don't, this sale wasn't going to make or break our savings or our plan, but my heart just got caught up in it all.

I was hoping to make $250. We only made $208. Not bad, considering. Take home though was only $176, still waiting on the $32 other dollars to come, after I deliver a few things. I also sold off the books to a local bookstore for $30 (Already included in the total) and the rest of the clothes, which are name brand, I am planning on posting on Craig's list or some of those buy/sell swap sites.

If you include the $60 we got for watching the dog the $208 we technically have, the $500 from the broken car, and the $50 I'll be getting tomorrow, we will have

$818!

Wooh! Getting a bit closer! I'm so glad it's over.

Even though I didn't reach my goal there are two things I have learned for sure.

My sister, without hesitation when I originally told her about the garage sale said "I will run for you. I will take a day off of work and run for you." She organized, and talked to strangers and posted heavily on facebook.

My success was in part due to my amazing sister. I could not have done this without her.


I worked her to the bone this weekend and she once complained.  Oh how I love her.

Thank you, sister. You are my heart.

XO,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment