Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Thank you for the prayers

C had the ultrasound on his thyroid on Monday. It did concern us when they asked us to come for a second look, but tried not to worry to much.

The radiologist A-Okayed him though. Thank you for the prayers, made for a much better week for us.

The stress that consumed me last week, is still very up and down. We have no definite answers to our situation, and while I struggle to want to tell my side of the entire story, just know that I complained about it, WAY more than I prayed about it.

Last night, in an angry rage, I prayed out loud in my vehicle as I was driving home from work. It was a colorful prayer ;) full of descriptive language.

I've been reading The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life by James Martin, SJ


It's a very fun read. I'll admit, I'm not catholic and I don't think I have quite the degree of language as James Martin does, but I can understand enough to get through it. The tag line on the back of the book is "St. Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Jesuit Order, was known for his practical spirituality. Now, Father James Martin translates Ignatius's insights for a modern audience, revealing how we can find God in our everyday lives in often surprising ways."

He is a very funny writer who lived life before devoting his life to God. He talks of how he smoked pot, and cursed while he prayed once.

Which led me to my prayer last night. The chapter where Father James talks about dropping the F bomb on Jesus is about being honest. You are encouraged to think of God like a friend, someone you have a relationship with.

"Being honest with God means sharing everything with God, not just the things that you think are appropriate for prayer, and not simply your gratitude and praise. Honesty means sharing things you might consider inappropriate for conversation with God." 

I was honest with God last night. I just simply spoke the anger that was on my heart and finally turned the situation over to him, pleading that I was too livid to deal with it. I was to wrought with frustration that I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it appropriately. 

It helped. It got it off of my chest and heart. Be honest with God in your prayer life. 

Last night during my prayer, after explaining away my distrust for this particular individual, I said "I should be praying for this stuff Lord, and I do. I pray for Paris, I pray for our armed forces. I pray for a colleague who is sick. A friend's dad fighting cancer. I pray for those people as well.
And Jesus, I also pray for the baby thing. Lord,remember the baby thing?"

'Yeah the baby thing.'
He knows whats on my heart. But like a friend, he simply likes to hear me say it sometimes.

Alright, I gotta get outta here. A small snow is suppose to blow through but I want to the grocery shopping done before then.
XO,
C
 

No comments:

Post a Comment